|I want you to think with me, for a second, about our Outsiders events. Sometimes they just seem like church fellowship events, or minor mission events. Sometimes we have a small crowd, other times a big crowd. Two things I ALWAYS see are 1) People in our community recognizing us, thanking us for participating, and 2)It’s never the same group from our church twice — which means there are a lot of us that do this whole Outsiders thing. I really feel like it makes a difference for our community, and our church community.
This last Sunday was our Nite Swim at the pool. Here are some of the details:
- We had up to 200 people show up — way more than are typically at the pool.
- Many were church members — we had a great turnout from the church.
- Many were from the community — folks we didn’t know, folks from other churches.
- Many had been INVITED — VBS kids, people we haven’t seen for months, people ready to get back involved in MUMC.
- We had a full table of frisbees, hats, pens, and more with our church name on it, and almost all of it was taken!
All in all, what I’m saying, is thanks for your ongoing faithfulness as we “Love our Community”!
- Thursday, July 4th
POPSICLES AT THE PARADE. This quick event at noon will help cool parade watchers off!
Join us around 11:45 at the Dollar General parking lot. We’ll have two big coolers filled with over 100 popsicles and two big signs. Wear your MUMC hats, etc. so people know our church is sharing the love!
- Wednesday, July 10th
JANE’S LANDING. (bring your chairs and support our favorite coffee shop, 10-11am)
- Tuesday, July 23rd
PICNIC AT ENGLISH PARK (No water this year. Instead, every kid gets a frisbee for frisbee golf, 5:30pm)
- Saturday, August 3rd
MULVANE FARMER’S MARKET (Come buy some produce. We may even have a hymn sing! 8am)
- Tuesday, August 6th
LIL DEUCE SCOOP (YUM!!!! 7pm)
- Sunday, August 11th
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS (At the pool doggie swim. 6-7pm)
It’s a pretty predictable occurance. As the summer months begin, people head out of town or visit with family. Giving goes down. We’d love for that not to happen this year! So, if you plan to be gone, try using our electronic giving portal on our website: mulvaneumc.com. Thanks for staying up with your pledges!